Sunday, March 27, 2011

Beginnings

Dearest Isabella,


This is for you.  I have a book you see.  A book of recipes that I have been adding to since you were born.  Mostly they are family favorites.  Dishes that are only made once a year, for special occasions.  Dishes that have been passed down from my grandmothers, and likely their grandmothers before them.  But the pages of this book are small, and I have so many stories that I want to share with you.  So it begins, Dearest Isabella.


You see, I love food.  I'm sure you already know that about me.  When I make Sunday breakfast, I feel like I am making memories that you and your brother will remember for your lifetime.  My father used to make breakfast on the weekend, and I remember the anticipation of it to this day.   I was usually the first one up, and I loved having my dad all to myself.  Processed "maple" syrup, margarine, and boxed pancake mix never tasted so good!


Of course, there will be no boxed pancakes coming from my kitchen.  I try every day to pass along to you what I have learned in my forty years on this planet.  Real food, organic..when at all possible, seasonal, and  preferably, local.  I believe it makes a difference for you, your health, and for our planet.


Love,


M.

No comments:

Post a Comment